Dienstag, 19. Oktober 2010

Press Review


I read an article the other day in the online newspaper "the economist" and what it talks about is that a lot of MBA schools need to integrate new technology into their teaching.

Basically what it says is that employees who are used to expensive smart phones and notebooks in their personal lives now want similar things in their professional lives.
Some professors fear that "wired" things will detract from classroom discussions, but schools are still not deterred from experimenting.
In a lot of schools electronic versions of the learning matter are used instead of paper ones.

There are some concerns which are neither for nor against the new technology.

In the article there is also some information about how many students complained that switching between text and charts took far longer than in books. All the same there are some schools that are going to test the new Apple i-pad.

There have been some classrooms equipped with new TVs and software that allow students who are off campus to share data and opinions with those who are on it.

In my opinion I think it's a good idea to integrate new technology into the teaching system. But I wouldn't like to have only electronic versions of learning matter. I still prefer learning from my own books.
.
.
.
Vocabulary:
to deter (abhalten) - Somebody deterred me from doing my homework.
chart (Grafik, Diagramm) - You can see par example the turnover of a company on a chart.

Keine Kommentare: